Monday 1 September 2014

first look at autumn/winter collection 2014!



Finally, it's 1st September and I can launch our new A/W collection! 
I'm really excited about this one as it's the first time I've felt like I've done a proper good job (and because it involves Christmas!). Our first collection was just that, our first, and looking back I wasn't 100% happy with the results, which has probably been reflected. But now, I can hand on heart say I'm proud of this lot, and I hope you love them too. 

be so good they can't ignore you LH Design lola hoad design handmade typographic A4 print


Whilst adding the listings for the new prints on Etsy, I realised I've focussed quite heavily on motivational expressions and quotes, more so than before. From the very beginning, I wanted to provide the hard workers, the creatives, the lovers of design with prints that inspire them to keep going at it, but not in a threatening, pinterest-y JUST DO IT kind of way (I don't want to do IT, awrite?), and I hope they're still along these lines. There's nothing worse than a piece of paper telling you you suck unless you're doing something in a certain way.


do it with passion or not at all LH Design lola hoad design handmade typographic A4 print


I also wanted to use a wider range of colours this time, steering away from pastels and heading towards the richer pallets to compliment Autumn/Winter. For the images, I headed back to my family home in Buckinghamshire, as my flat is notoriously dark and mouldy. My mum is a bit obsessed with Farrow and Ball's 'Elephants Breath', so I thought that could be a nice change to the usual white background, as well as the mix of wood panelling and slated floor. It was also a bit sentimental, as my parents are moving down here to Brighton in October, so it was actually the last time I would be in that house. A nice way to memorialise it, I think.

eat well travel often LH Design lola hoad design handmade typographic A4 print


I am really happy with these, and I hope you can instantly see one of them on your wall by your workspace, or as a gift for a special person. 
As always, I'd love to hear what you think, if you have a favourite, if you bloody hate it (or maybe don't tell me that, you know?). Our Christmas bits and bobs will be released later on after our September craft fairs, as I'm using them as a little trial to see how people like them, so sign up to our newsletter (on the right) to get a first look!


P.S. We're looking for new stockists around the UK. Head any suggestions our way, or say hi at lolahoaddesign[at]gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment